"Media production is dominated by global institutions, which sell their media products and services to national audiences". To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- Global institutions - The big six - Warner.Bros
- Products - Films Mad Max: Fury Road - your documentary film - Star Wars / Marvel?
- Services - Distribution, studios, SFX, Crew
- Dominated - Have power and influence over - aka choose what we watch, choose what 'types' of films are made, choose how we watch films (3D, 2D, IMAX, Download, Cinema, Streaming).
- To what extent do you agree with this statement? -
Agree - Global box office stats - genre which dominates box office - country which dominates box office - format which dominates cinema - franchise(s) which dominate
"What significance does the continuing development of digital media technology have for media institutions and audiences?"
- Digital media - computers - tech -editing :-
Distribution - Netflix / Download / Illegal download.
Marketing - YouTube / social media / viral marketing.
- Developing - improving
- Significance (talk about)